Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bad News

Today I took the girls to the doctor for Hayden's 24 month check up and they were both going to get a flu shot. Hayden has had a heart murmur since she was born. They thought it would go away by the time she was 1. It didn't. Then they said it would go away by the time she was 18 months old. It didn't. Today her doctor became concerned because she thinks it's worse than it was when she was born. We were sent over to the lab to have her blood drawn to see if she was anemic. She said that anemia could cause the murmur. The doc is going to call me tomorrow with the results from the blood work. If she is not anemic they are going to schedule an eco gram of her heart to find out what the culprit is. I'm sure it's nothing serious, but i'm very worried. I will update tomorrow as soon as I know more.

2 comments:

~Shelly~ said...

Yes please keep us posted. I hope everything turns out ok. We will be praying

Heather said...

So sorry to hear that! If she doesn't think Hayden needs the echocardiogram anymore...request it anyway...trust me!